BAUMA: All set for a bumper 2010 turnout Apr 2010
BAUMA news release
- Despite coming out of a year of global crisis in 2009, this year's 29th staging of the BAUMA international trade fair series will set a new record in the number of exhibitors. A total of 3,150 exhibitors from 53 countries are currently setting up their stands and exhibits on 555,000m2 of exhibition space and the mood is upbeat for a change of fortunes into 2010.
- When BAUMA was last held in 2007, it was a record-breaking event in the fair's more than 50-year history. It had 540,000m2 of exhibition space that was booked to capacity and a total of 3,002 exhibitors from 49 countries. As a result, the final statistics for BAUMA 2010 will include four more exhibitor countries and 148 more exhibitors than the last time the fair was held.
Set-up of outdoor exhibition stands
- The fact that companies were extremely interested in participating in the world's leading trade fair for the construction-machinery industry was already noticeable in March of 2009, the official application deadline for the fair. Even then, Messe München, BAUMA's organiser, had already responded to high demand by expanding the amount of space at the outdoor exhibition site and building two temporary halls.
- According to Klaus Dittrich, Chairman/CEO of Messe München: "The number of inquiries that we received from Asian markets and from Turkey, and also from India, our BAUMA 2010 Partner Country, was higher than ever. As a result, BAUMA reflects global economic developments in the industry during the years 2009 and 2010."
- According to the VDMA, the German Engineering Federation, which has served as conceptual sponsor for this event for years, besides traditional markets in Europe, the industry is above all counting on rapidly growing regions such as the Far East, China and India in particular. "We are convinced that BAUMA will force the mood to change," said Dr. Christof Kemmann, Chairman of the VDMA.
- This winter's lengthy frost spell made the set-up phase for BAUMA 2010 more difficult, particularly for the few exhibitors at the outdoor exhibition site that started set up in the autumn of 2009. For this reason, several exhibitors decided to use the recent Easter holidays to setup. BAUMA is held every three years and will open its gates in Munich for the 29th time from 19 - 25 April 2010.
- In addition to the BAUMA Munich show every three years, Messe München International also organizes international construction equipment trade fairs in other parts of the world including BAUMA China, the leading event of its kind in Asia which is staged every two years in Shanghai and a new trade fair in India that will provide an international platform for global market leaders and India's construction machinery sector.
New dimension for the construction industry in India
bC India is a new trade show on the machinery industry for construction, building material, mining, construction vehicles and construction equipment for the Indian subcontinent and neighboring countries.
- This business platform will bring together global market leaders and industry representatives to India every two years to showcase the innovative technology in the construction and infrastructure sectors.
- The first bC India will take place on 8-11 February 2011 at the Bandra - Kurla Complex in Mumbai. Registration opened in October 2009 to reserve space on the 50,000m2 of exhibition space and leading manufacturers have registered interest in participating in the inaugural exposition.
- Staging the event is a joint venture between two internationally successful trade show organizers: Messe München International of Germany, organizer of BAUMA, and AEM of the USA, organizer of CONEXPO-CON/AGG. The two partners have combined their expertise to create a construction machinery show in India and promote the show around the world.
"For the two largest show organisers, the AEM in North America and MMI in Europe to work to jointly produce a new international show in the Indian marketplace is very exciting. bC India as a joint BAUMA CONEXPO show is a great opportunity for manufacturers to build their brands in another high-growth market."
Robert M. Hund, Vice President Worldwide Marketing, Manitowoc Cranes
Showcasing construction industry growth in Asia
BAUMA China, the leading international trade fair in China and Asia for all sectors of the construction-machinery industry, is growing at a pace that even industry experts find impressive. In 2008, the fair experienced a 40% increase in the number of visitors, exhibitors and exhibition space compared to BAUMA China 2006. China and its neighboring Asian countries are the growth market for products, know-how and services in the construction industry. Investment activity is high, demand is enormous, and this dynamic market has plenty of opportunities to offer. Without a doubt, BAUMA China is a gateway to one of the strongest and most interesting markets that this industry has. The show that is held in Shanghai every two years is where Chinese and international professionals meet to initiate business and to establish and cultivate contacts.
- BAUMA China 2010 will be held 23-26 November this year at the new International Expo Centre in Shanghai.
- In 2008 some 112,674 trade visitors from all regions of China and all continents attended the event, making it the most successful and important trade fair for the construction and building material s industry in China and Asia. A total 1,608 exhibitors from 30 countries and on 210,000m2 of exhibition space took part in event.
"At BAUMA China 2008 the quantity as well as the quality of visitors surpassed our already high expectations. It was particularly appreciated to welcome a large number of customers and visitors from many Asian countries. By any means BAUMA China remained the most important construction trade show in China and in Asia."
Dr. Stefan Gilch, General Manager, Liebherr Machinery Service (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Germany
BAUMA: All set for a bumper 2010 turnout - TunnelTalk, Apr 2010
BAUMA - Stage for discussion - TunnelTalk, Feb 2010
Growing list of tunnel exhibitors - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
What to expect from exhibitors - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA - Exhibitors previews - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
Internationals attracted to BAUMA 2010 - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA - Tunnellers on show - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA - Finding where you need to get to - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
Standby for BAUMA - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA Munich, 2010
bC India, Mumbai, 2011
BAUMA China, Shanghai 2010
Messe München International (MMI)
Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM)
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.