BAUMA stage for discussion Mar 2010
Shani Wallis, TunnelTalk
- An exposé of infrastructure needs in specific regions of the world will be part of this year's Forum programme at BAUMA. The stage presents an opportunity for leading individuals brought together by this foremost exhibition of the world's construction industry equipment to discuss the principal trends, innovations and issues that face the global construction market. See the tunnelling industry exhibitors
The Forum was launched at the 2007 BAUMA
- As well as invited speakers, exhibitors can book time in the programme to present new products and discuss issues of concern. Events will be held on all six days of the fair, from 19 to 25 April. For the tunnelling industry, early bookings include a presentation about an adjustable precast concrete segmental lining system with limited yieldability on Tuesday and one on innovative roadheader developments for construction on Thursday.
- All visitors to the show can attend the Forum events and lectures free of charge.
- Located centrally in Hall C2, the Forum this year covers a more extensive and broad-ranging spectrum of themes than at the last event in 2007. According to Exhibition Manager Georg Moller, exhibitors from all sectors of the industry have proposed interesting themes for the expanded programme. At the first Forum in 2007, some 60 speakers delivered lectures on mining, tunnel construction and processing technology.
Infrastructure needs in different countries is a planned Forum focus in 2010
- A focus for this year's programme will be the country specials which are being organised in cooperation with Germany's VDMA engineering federation (Verband deutscher Maschinen- und Anlagenbau). Specific markets to be discussed include Asia, America, CIS/Russia and India. Confirmed as the opening of a symposium on the first day of the fair is a presentation about the construction industry and infrastructure needs of India by Kamal Nath, the Indian Union Cabinet Minister for Road Transport and Highways.
- On Saturday, 24 April 2010, when visitor attendance is particularly high, there will be a panel discussion in the Forum for which representatives from higher education and research will be reporting on the latest trends, innovations and technologies in the area of mining.
- TunnelTalk will publish a list of Forum events of particular interest to the international tunnelling industry from a full programme available on the BAUMA website.
Growing list of tunnel exhibitors - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
What to expect from exhibitors - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA - Exhibitors previews - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
Internationals attracted to BAUMA 2010 - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA - Tunnellers on show - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
BAUMA - Finding where you need to get to - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
Standby for BAUMA - TunnelTalk, Jan 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.