Four EPBMs selected for Cityringen drives Jan 2011
SELI News Release
EPBMs to work through Copenhagen's soft soils
- As the joint venture partner responsible for the running tunnels, Seli has selected four EPBMs to excavate the 17km twin tube Cityringen metro line in Copenhagen. Supplied at a cost of €40 million, the four EPBMs and their auxiliary equipment will ensure safe excavation of the tunnels through soft soils beneath the urban environments using excavated material to control ground water inflow and maintain support pressure of the face.
- The Cityringen transportation project is a completely automated ring of downtown metro connections at a depth of 30m and including 17 stations on the 17km route. Danish company Metroselskabet, signed a €1.7 billion contract for delivery of the project with the all-Italian JV of Salini Costruttori, Maire Tecnimont and Seli. JV partners are making use of Seli's experience gained over years of urban excavation projects, to be responsible for creating the total 34km of metro running tunnel. The project is scheduled to be completed in 2018.
- Metroselskabet engaged a JV of Cowi, Arup and Systra to assist planning and preliminary civil works design. A separate contract for the trains and control system is awarded to Ansaldo, which already operates the existing parts of the Copenhagen metro.
Aprilia factory acceptance of a Seli EPBM for Panama
- In announcing the plan of attack, Seli Chairman, Remo Grandori, said; "Seli has extensive experience in dealing with complex hydro-geological issues and managing projects in urban areas," and cited the company metro system project examples in Vancouver, Turin, Rome, NYC, Athens, Salonicco, Sao Paolo and Caracas, all projects in urban areas which were successfully completed by the company.
- With the current project, Seli's acquired order book of projects increases to €800 million, cementing this positive trend and highlighting confidence of markets, partners and public and private entities towards the company, which has shown to be a true point of reference for these types of major projects.
Copenhagen metro contract award - TunnelTalk, Dec 2010
SELI celebrates 60 years in business - TunnelTalk, May 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.