COMPANY NEWS Middle East project pipeline attracts interest Jan 2012
Black & Veatch News Release
- As the soccer World Cup turns the Middle East into an increasingly important market opportunity, engineering and design consultancy Black & Veatch is the latest company expanding into new offices in the region.
- The employee-owned company, which was founded in 1915 and has completed projects in more than 100 countries, has moved into new offices in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. It already has offices in the Saudi Arabian capital, Riyadh.
- In November last year UK-based engineering consultancy Atkins expanded its operations in the strategically-important region by moving into expanded offices in the Qatari capital, Doha.
- Renewed interest in the Middle East comes as the area prepares to host the 2022 soccer World Cup. An increasing number of infrastructure, water and energy contracts, including the US$37billion Qatari Integrated Rail Project, are expected to come online over the next few years.
Atkins scores another Qatar World Cup contract - TunnelTalk, January 2012
Qatar drives forward with Doha metro - TunnelTalk, December 2011
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.