COMPANY NEWS Australasian expansion for Jacobs Associates Mar 2011
- Jacobs Associates has opened a second office to extend its operations from the San Francisco head office and into Australasia.
- The new office, in Auckland, New Zealand, is in New Zealand's largest city and is only a three-hour flight from the firm's Melbourne office.
- The Auckland office opened in October 2010 and will support the company's project efforts on Watercare’s Central Interceptor and for the Transport Agency projects including the Waterview Connection highway tunnel project.
- The working history of Jacobs Associates in New Zealand dates back to the firm's founding in 1954. One of the firm's first projects (Job #7) was a consulting assignment for New Zealand's Fletcher Construction on diversion tunnels for the Ohakuri Dam on the North Island. Other notable assignments in New Zealand include dispute resolution on the Clyde Dam (1986), constructability review/cost estimating for the Waihi Gold Mine (1993), and a tunnel feasibility study for the West Valley Sewer Project in Wellington (1995).
- This significant move by Jacobs Associates will help the firm better provide tunnel and underground engineering for hydroelectric, water supply, wastewater, rail, highway, and other projects in the New Zealand market, while strengthening the firm’s regional presence and commitment to its ongoing projects.
- The address of the new office is Suite 401, 8 Commerce Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand and the office telephone number is +64 9 551 2325
- For more information on the Auckland office, email Victor Romero or call him at +64 (9) 551 2331
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.