COMPANY NEWS Norwegian to run Aker Wirth Mar 2012
Aker Wirth News Release
- Norwegian Einar Brønlund has been appointed by Aker Solutions to head its Aker Wirth German subsidiary following the departure of previous President and CEO, Christoph Kleuters.
Einar Brønlund takes the helm at Aker Wirth
- The Norwegian international oil service company took over full control of the German heavy manufacturing company Wirth Maschinen und Bohrgeräte-Fabrik GmbH in 2009. Brønlund, who took up his post as manager on 1 March, is promoted from CFO of Aker Wirth. He joined the Aker Group in the 1990s. As Aker Wirth CFO Brønlund spearheaded significant investments in the Erkelenz production facility including the addition of a €6 million test rig that was inaugurated in June 2011.
- Thor Arne Håverstad, Executive Vice President and Head of Drilling Technologies in Aker Solutions, said Brønlund is the right person for the job. "He has the right experience, qualifications and personality to manage our operations at Erkelenz." He also extended thanks to Christoph Kleuters, who is leaving Aker Wirth at his own request.
- "Christoph was instrumental in saving the company from insolvency in 1999 and laid the foundation for what Aker Wirth is today – a successful operation with a promising future. We are very thankful for Christoph's efforts and wish him great success for the future."
- Brønlund was born in Trondheim in 1960 and studied marine engineering at the Norwegian Institute of Technology before completing an MBA in the mid-1980s at IESE Business School in Barcelona, Spain. In taking the helm at Aker Wirth, he said: "Our great strength is our high product quality and relationship with our customers in close collaboration with the Drilling Technologies global set up. We plan to build on these strengths, but we also need to develop further in order to be a strong player in our markets. Further investments in production facilities and processes are planned to strengthen Erkelenz and improve our competitiveness in the international environment. We have great potential, particularly in our technology. The developments in the two product groups Oilfield & Pumps and Mining & Construction are very promising and set to revolutionise underground mining in particular in the long term."
- Wirth acquired by Norway's Aker Solutions - TunnelTalk, June 2009
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.