• ALERT!
    Are you signed up to our free weekly Alert email?
    Take a moment to check and stay on top of the
    tunnelling world's news and views
COMPANY NEWS SELI secures partnership in China Nov 2011
SELI News Release
SELI has signed a manufacturing agreement in China with the Gezhouba company.
At the signing ceremony in the Government Palace in Beijing this week (Wednesday 9 November), Remo Grandori and other SELI directors joined top management of Gezhouba, to secure collaboration between the two companies and seal a contract for the first TBM fabrication contract.

Remo Grandori (seated left) agrees the SELI partnership with Gezhouba

The contract, valued at €28 million, is for an 8m diameter DSU (double-shield universal) Compact TBM for use on the Genale GD3 hydro project in southern Ethiopia. The contract includes:
• Engineering and construction phases for the realization of TBM components to take place entirely at SELI headquarters in Rome, and
• TBM assembly and testing, to be completed in the Chinese base of HST, Hua Shi Tong company.
HST, in collaboration with Hitachi of Japan, fabricates TBMs for the Chinese market. SELI has established a specific agreement with the company for TBM assembly.
The 8.13m Ethiopia TBM will excavate an 11.9km long tunnel for the Genale GD3 hydro project, where, based on the geological profile provided by the Client, excavation will be 80% through Class I and II granite rock condition, while the remaining 20% will be through poorer Class III and V conditions.
The new partnership marks an important milestone for SELI both in China and in terms of development through investment in technology and R&D. Over the next three years, SELI expects to produce between 10 and 15 TBMs for the Chinese market.
References
SELI to complete troubled TBM drive in China - TunnelTalk, June 2011
SELI celebrates 60 years in business - TunnelTalk, May 2010

           

Add your comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.
In case of an error submitting Feedback, copy and send the text to Feedback@TunnelTalk.com
Name :

Date :

Email :

Phone No :

   Security Image Refresh
Enter the security code :
No spaces, case-sensitive