Education and Training ITACET training course attracts global audience May 2012
ITACET Foundation News Release
- More than 160 participants from 33 countries attended the traditional two-day WTC curtain-raising training event aimed at young engineers.
163 delegates from 33 countries attended
- Jointly organised by ITACET (the Foundation for Education and Training on Tunnelling and Underground Space Use), the Thailand Underground and Tunnelling Group (TUTG) and ITA-AITES, this year's theme was "Tunnelling in Urban Areas".
- The ITACET Foundation and the Swiss Tunnel Society (STS) are already working on the next WTC 2013 training session (to be held in Geneva) which will be on the topic of "Ground Improvement Pre-support and Reinforcement".
- This year's successful event - held on Friday and Saturday 18-19 May - was inaugurated by TUTG representative Prof Noppadol Phienwej and Andre Assis, Chairman of the Executive Board of the ITACET Foundation.
- Local participants from emerging ITA-AITES affiliated countries were favoured by being granted lower admission fees, while four members of the newly admitted member nation, Myanamar, were given free places.
- On Day 1 lectures from internationally renouned speakers highlighted the importance of underground use and planning, followed by an overview of design and construction methods both for mechanised and conventional tunnelling.
- The first part of Day 2 was devoted to special aspects including damage control, risk management and geological investigations and monitoring, before a talk from industry representatives on new developments and the practical applications of the theories previously discussed.
ITACET course for young engineers - TunnelTalk, April 2012
ITACET Foundation responds to urgent training needs - TunnelCast, December 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.