Job Vacancy: Tunnel engineerStatus:OpenCompany:Paul C. Rizzo Associates, Inc.Location:Pittsburgh, PennsylvaniaDate posted:January 12, 2010
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Mining Engineering required. Masters preferred.
Specialty Area: Tunnel and underground works design and planning.
Experience: At least 10 years of demonstrated tunnel experience required. Knowledge of soil and rock mechanics, geotechnical and structural analysis, methods and techniques for assessment of tunnel designs.
Position Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Cost estimates and feasibility studies;
• Design calculations and drawings for tunnel and other underground works;
• Assist in bid management for tunnel projects;
• Coordinate daily project activities.
Position Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Paul C. Rizzo Associates, Inc. is a leading global Civil Engineering and Consulting firm with 25 years of service to clients worldwide, specializing in Geotechnical Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Siting, Design, and Analysis, and Construction Management. We employ a growing number of engineers and scientists, and are continually expanding our scope of work to keep up with the constant pace of evolution in the civil engineering field. Learn more about our global experience at www.rizzoassoc.com.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com or Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Seeker: All-round contract laborer
REF: JV-1020Date posted:January 12, 2010
- Enthusiastic laborer with certificate in tunnel and mine safety, a registered flagger in zone safety/traffic control and a member of the Local 324 Labor Union in Northern California, is eager to find a new opportunity perhaps on the Caldecott 4th bore highway tunnel contract east of Oakland. Experience includes concrete core drilling and saw cutting, forklift and bobcat driving, and operator of hand-powered tools (grinders, drills, wrenches, etc). Received the contractors' Process Safety Program Bay Area Training Corporation (BATC) card in June 2009. Currently unemployed and ready to start straight away. An e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com quoting reference number JV-1019 will obtain a copy of the CV and contact details.
Job Seeker: Experienced hydraulics engineer
REF: JV-1019Date posted:January 7, 2010
- Candidate has more than 26 years experience working in tunnels as an electrical and hydraulics engineer serving in various positions including project manager for TBM assembly in Jinping, China, hydraulics engineer for TBM supplier for the Wuhan Yangtze River Tunnel Crossing in China, and project manager for TBM refurbishment projects in Singapore. This Swedish national currently resides in Thailand but is willing to relocate for the right position. Languages spoken include English, German and Thai. Send an e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1019 to obtain a copy of the CV and contact information.
Job Seeker: EPBM operator
REF: JV-1018Date posted:January 7, 2010
- As the current project in Mumbai draws to a close, TBM operator and mechanical engineer is looking for a new opportunity. The candidate has experience driving and maintaining Herrenknecht and Wirth TBMs. Send an e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1018 to obtain a copy of the CV and an introduction.
Job Seeker: Tunnel surveyor
REF: JV-1017Date posted:January 7, 2010
- Chief surveyor with extensive experience in the mining industry is available for immediate posting in Indonesia. The candidate has more than 18 years experience, most of them working for the same company, heading up the management and coordination of surface and underground mine surveying. Send an e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1017 for a copy of the CV and further communication with candidate.
Job Seeker: Mechanical engineer
REF: JV-1016Date posted:January 7, 2010
- Mechanical engineer with advanced training in hydraulic systems and operations management is looking for new challenges. Currently working on a tunneling project in Mumbai, India, the candidate is looking for a posting that offers valuable work experience and the opportunity to utilize management skills. Send an e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1016 for a copy of the CV and an introduction.
EPB and hard rock TBM operator seeking employment
REF: JV-1015Date posted:December 18, 2009
- An experienced TBM operator in India, skilled in the operation and maintenance of hard rock Robbins and Wirth TBMs and Herrenknecht EPBMs in the range of 2.8m to 6.6m diameter, is available for a new post. Send an e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1015 to obtain a copy of the CV and initiate direct communication between candidate and potential employer.
Jet grouting project manager searching for work
REF: JV-1014Date posted:November 27, 2009
- A geologist by training, with 10 years of project management experience in jet grouting pre-consolidation for NATM tunnelling projects in Brazil, Portugal and Venezuela is available in the job market. An e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1014 will establish a direct line of communication with the candidate.
Experienced superintendent available for new posting
- A tunnel site superintendent with more than 20 years experience, and an impressive resume of previous assignments is looking for new challenges. He has worked for several large contractors in the United States and overseas and is interested in working on the ARC railway tunnels project in New Jersey/New York or the Emisor Oriente drainage tunnel project in Mexico City. Reply to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1013 to initiate the introductions.
TBM operator in the jobs market
A TBM operator in India with more than six years experience is seeking employment. Is willing to travel or relocate.
An e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1012 will pass the enquiry on to the candidate for further communication.
Regional tunnel practice leaderStatus:OpenCompany:Parsons BrinckerhoffLocation:West Region of the United StatesDate posted:October 19, 2009
- The Parsons Brinckerhoff, PB Geotechnical & Tunneling Technical Excellence Center (PBGT) has an immediate career opportunity for a Regional Tunnel Practice Leader in our West Region. Responsibilities include developing and leading the firm's tunneling/underground engineering practice in seven offices within the West Region; pursuing and marketing of tunneling services; and project management for major underground engineering projects.
- Candidate requirements include: minimum Master Degree in Geotechnical or Structural Engineering; a minimum of 20 years experience in the design and construction of tunnels and underground facilities; experience in marketing and business development; publication and presentation of technical papers; active participation in professional organizations; a working knowledge of seismic design practice in California.
- A PE license in California or the ability to gain one within six months of hire is required.
- PB is a 125-year old global firm. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and opportunities to work in a dynamic and professional environment on major projects throughout the world.
- For more information on PB and to apply directly on-line, please visit our website at: www.pbworld.com or e-mail your cover letter and resume including salary history in strictest confidence to: email@example.com.
- We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
Land surveyor available for new employment
- A land surveyor with 10 years experience working on tunnelling projects and currently based in the Gulf is in the jobs market. Education includes diplomas in civil engineering and land surveying and experience includes setting out and horizontal and vertical control work on tunnelling projects. An e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com with the reference number JV-1011 will pass the enquiry on to the candidate for further communication.
TBM mechanic searching for work
- An experienced EPBM mechanic with more than six-years experience working on EPB TBM assembly, dismantling and progress maintenance is in the jobs market. To make a connection, send an e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com quoting the reference JV-1010 and the enquiry will be passed to the candidate who is currently in Singapore but is perhaps available for overseas employment.
Roadheader/TBM operator in the jobs market insert
An experienced roadheader/TBM operator in the UK is seeking employment. Is willing to travel or relocate if necessary.
An e-mail to Jobs@TunnelTalk.com will initiate the necessary introductions.
Principal Tunnel EngineerStatus:OpenCompany:Location:New York City, NY, USADate posted:July 21, 2009
- Halcrow specializes in the provision of planning, design and management services for infrastructure development worldwide. With interests in transportation, water, maritime and property, the company is undertaking commissions in over 80 countries from a network of more than 90 offices.
Halcrow is looking to expand its tunnel team within the United States to meet with demands of existing projects and identified prospects. As a result of this need to expand the team we are looking to recruit a Project Manager/Principal Tunnel Engineer with extensive tunnel design experience.
Key role objective
• Leading the delivery of medium to large-scale underground design projects.
• Responsible for management of a multi-disciplinary team of design engineers.
• Providing technical guidance to other engineers working on tunnel projects.
• Candidate must have experience / success at leading the delivery of large-scale underground design projects.
• The candidate should be commercially aware and have experience of delivering projects in line with budget and schedule, whilst being responsible for internal commercial and risk management.
• Strong technical knowledge in the design of tunnels a variety of techniques such as TBM, NATM and cut & cover tunnels.
• Must have an active United States PE registration (New York, Washington, or California preferred).
• Must have 12+ years of relevant underground engineering design experience.
• Project Management of medium to large-scale or multi-disciplinary design teams.
- This is a wonderful opportunity with great salary and world class benefits, among other incentives. For more information about this opportunity please call Val Osmani at 813-876-6800, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Manager Abu DhabiStatus:Position filled by a reader of TunnelTalk - April 2009Company:CH2M HillLocation:AE-ADU:Abu Dhabi-United Arab Emirates (ADSSC)Date posted:Oct 24, 2008Info:
- CH2M HILL was recently selected by the Abu Dhabi Sewerage Services Company as the program manager for the US$1.1 billion Abu Dhabi sewerage network: the Strategic Tunnel Enhancement Programme (STEP). Components of STEP Programme include a deep sewer tunnel (the spine) and several link sewers (the ribs) to transport wastewater to treatment plants in the area. The link sewers will intercept flows from existing gravity sewers upstream of the existing pumping stations, relieving strain on the main collector system. CH2M HILL is currently seeking a Construction Manager to Manage and supervise all seven Design and Build Contracts.
Senior Tunnel Design EngineerCompany:Jacobs AssociatesLocation:San Francisco, CAInfo:
- Jacobs Associates in San Francisco, CA., is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer with 4 to 10 years of experience in geotechnical or structural engineering and preferably with some experience in the design of tunnels, temporary excavation support systems and underground structures.
Senior NATM Design EngineerCompany:Dr. Sauer GroupLocation:Washington DCInfo:
- Working with a design team of engineering consultants and owner's representatives, you will be leading the NATM tunnel design and will coordinate the design work with our branch offices.
Geotechnical EngineerCompany:LOVATLocation:Canada (Requires international travel to tunnel job sites)Info:
- Requirements: An Engineering Degree (preferably in the discipline of geotechnical, geological or civil). Currently registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. Approximately 3 years of related experience. Thorough knowledge of ground material properties and behaviour of materials in disturbed and undisturbed states. Strong communication skills (oral and written).