Jacobs Associates new release
- The Associated General Contractors (AGC) of America selected the Lenihan Dam Outlet Modifications Project in Santa Clara County, California as a Special Recognition Winner of the 2010 Marvin M. Black Excellence in Partnering Award.
- Named for AGC's 1991 President Marvin M. Black an ardent supporter of the partnering process this award recognizes the successful partnerships and collaborations that work to improve construction projects. Contractors so honored stand out for their ability in the following areas:
Outlet working at near full capacity
• Signing a formal partnering charter
• Achieving a common goal
• Honoring all stakeholders
• Resolving conflict
• Improving communication on the project with all audiences
• Incorporating team-building activities
- This is the second award that the Lenihan Dam Outlet Modifications Project has recently won. In September 2009, the American Society of Civil Engineers, San Francisco Section, awarded the Outstanding Project in the Large Project Category it.
- Jacobs Associates played a key role on the project, providing tunnel design and construction support services to project owner Santa Clara Valley Water District for the new outlet tunnel under the abutment of Lenihan Dam. The modification provides the District with an improved system to regulate flow through the dam to Los Gatos Creek, while meeting operational requirements of the California Department of Water Resources, Division of Safety of Dams.
- Other project team members included MWH as design subconsultant, Flatiron Construction Corp. (FCI) as General Contractor, Drill Tech Drilling and Shoring (DTDS) as tunneling subcontractor to FCI, and Hatch Mott MacDonald (HMM) as Construction Manager.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.