NEW PRODUCTSImproving TBM fire safety 3 June 2014
Condat News Release
Condat provides a range of TBM products
- French chemical manufacturer Condat adds a new and improved sealing compound for the main bearing of TBMs to its range of lubricants.
- HBW NewGeneration is introduced to market as a unique sealing product for the TBM main bearing which is at the same time both biodegradable and self-extinguishing so as to offer an improved safety solution for the underground construction industry.
- The new product is proposed as a direct substitute to the existing HBW – combining the recognised performance of HBW but with the same self-extinguishing properties that are already available for the GR 217S extreme pressure grease range that is used to lubricate lip seals.
- HBW NewGeneration is fully compatible and miscible with the Condat grease range of products, and has been designed and tested in collaboration with a number of leading TBM manufacturers to offer a significant improvement to fire safety. It has been specifically formulated to ensure sealing but also to compensate for coaxibility problems. Its adhesion, density, consistency and lubricating properties provide for perfect sealing of rotating components at the TBM cutterhead, preventing water, dirt and impurity ingress into the system.
- Condat has developed a range of products for the tunnelling industry over the last 25 years, including lubricants, tail seal greases, grout additives, foaming agents and hydraulic fluids. The company has a technical team dedicated to the optimal usage of its products on any type of TBM worldwide, and has – to date – seen its products used for more than 4,000km of TBM excavations.
EPBM new Condat foaming agent – TunnelTalk, September 2012
New eco-friendly tail seal grease – TunnelTalk, October 2010
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.