NEW PRODUCTS and INNOVATIONS Improved ventilation system from GIA Industries Jul 2010
- A new generation of Swedvent ventilation fans and ducting for tunnel construction is introduced by Sweden's GIA Industries offers reduced noise levels.
- An improved silencer on the GIA015A series of fans reduces noise levels by at least 3 dB(A) for the full range of fan motors rated between 10–500kW to meet 75–85 dB(A) at 7m. The improved sound damping has been achieved with a specially designed silencer filled with processed mineral wool to reduce high frequency sounds.
New series of GIA015A vent fans
- The ventilation system includes an advanced impeller design incorporating a large hub, short blades and accurately measured spacing between the blades to give the fan an enhanced ability to counteract high-pressure systems.
- The dynamically balanced impeller rotates in purpose - designed guide vanes to eliminate turbulence.
- Individually adjustable aluminium blades allow the same fan to be used for a number of different tunnel conditions by adjusting the blade angle. For example, a 1,250mm diameter fan can be set to deliver 16m3/sec–44m3/sec.
- The range of Swedvent fans is available with 630mm to 2,240mm diameters and capacities from 1.5m3/sec to 200m3/sec.
- The fans are built in a rugged anti-corrosion treated design to withstand aggressive environments. The GIA Swedvent range of fans are particularly suited to long tunnels allowing two or more fans to be installed in series offering increased power to counteract the possible high pressures in the tunnel ducting.
New high strength vent ducting
- Ducting system
The Swedvent ventilation system also features GIA's flexible, PVC-coated polyester fabric ducting available in diameters from 300mm to 3,000mm and in lengths of 10m to 200m, to ensure a pliable, relatively low weight, highly durable and easy to handle duct.
- Increased tear strength is also assured with an enhanced yarn woven into the base fabric every 2nd centimetre. The flexible ducting system is also manufactured in two different standard qualities and two antistatic qualities that meet SIS650082 fire resistance.
- Both duct ends are fitted with a split, heavy duty, PVC-type zipper and made with protective flaps on both the inside and outside to ensure absolutely airtight ducting.
- The ducting can be used on subsequent projects, and should there be a tear, the rip is very easy to repair. The airflow is shut off, the ducting collapses, a fabric repair sleeve is applied to the damaged area and closed using its zip joint. When the airflow is returned the sleeve stays firmly in place.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.