NEW PRODUCTS and INNOVATIONS New eco-friendly tail seal grease Oct 2010
Condat News Release
- A new and improved tail seal grease is introduced by Condat. Designed for modern technical specifications and to anticipate coming environmental regulations, WR89 NewGeneration is eco-friendly, biodegradable, fire resistant and provides lower consumption advantages.
Fibrous and effective tail seal grease
- WR89 NewGerneration builds on the original WR89 product developed by Condat for its start in underground works in 1989 when it was awarded supply of tail seal grease WR 89 for the Channel Tunnel project. Since then, the product has been used on more than 4,000km of TBM bored tunnelling projects and through some of the most extreme conditions.
- Often copied but never equalled, WR89 is evolved into the new generation product that is launched to the market this month (October 2010). Developed by Condat's R&D laboratory, WR89 NewGeneration anticipates coming regulations and supports technological progress while meeting ever more severe technical requirements.
- WR89 NewGeneration (WR89NG) is pumped continuously to the wire brush tail seals during advance of the machine. The material is injected between the rows of brushes to provide a perfect seal against water, slurry and grout, ensuring a highly effective tail seal during TBM advance.
- The innovative formula of WR 89 NewGeneration provides improved performance while keeping in mind sustainability.
- More eco-friendly components anticipate future specifications and biodegradability keeps pace with OECD regulations. Fire resistant properties provide for a higher level of safety.
- A reduction of at least 10% in consumption is offered with the help of new anti-friction additives - a fact proven on several jobsites. The lower consumption reduces the quantities ordered and carried in stock. WR89NG is also fully compatible with the existing WR 89 gease and also with the emergency product, Condat Emergency Seal.
- Condat's WR 90 product, used for the first packing of the brushes, took advantage of the same sustainable development evolution and is replaced by the WR90 NewGeneration.
Drum delivery of WR89NG
- Since its start in the tunnelling industry in 1989, Condat has developed a complete range of products, lubricants and additives to meet technical, safety and environmental requirements for all types of TBM operations.
- These include tail seal greases; main bearing sealing products; greases; biodegradable and fire resistant hydraulic fluids; ground conditioning foaming agents and polymers; additives for filling grouts; and additives for ground consolidation.
- A Condat technical team is dedicated to the correct and efficient use of these products on any type of TBM worldwide.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.