NEW PRODUCTS and INNOVATIONS Intelligent gas sensor improves safety Oct 2011
Trolex News Release
- Easy installation, rapid, cost-effective maintenance and the highest safety performance are features of the intelligent plug-in gas sensing modules of the new Sentro 1 from Trolex that provides safety monitoring of toxic and flammable gases in industrial applications.
Intelligent plug-in gas sensing
- The advanced design technology uses pre-calibrated input eModules for monitoring a wide range of gases with each one storing all necessary data about type identification, sensing range and specific calibration.
- Swift and simple re-calibration is crucial for efficient performance and safety. To achieve this, eModules can be substituted at any time by a replacement module without the need for a complex calibration procedure by a specialist technician.
- The sensor integrates directly with other plant equipment and monitoring devices and has direct fully conditioned output signals to satisfy most preferences.
- The module can be calibrated by either replacing the module or applying test gas using the convenient bayonet fixed gas hood and using the two-button remote IR Commander with no need to remove the unit cover.
- The Sentro eModule for monitoring toxic gases present in the environment uses electrochemical cells, combining good sensitivity at low gas concentrations with high range capability and stability.
- The poison resistant, catalytic combustion sensor to monitor flammable gases present in the atmosphere has a long and reliable operating life with good stability even in conditions of high vibration. The Sentro eModule for CO2 and methane gases uses a highly specific infrared sensor that can be calibrated equally well for low gas concentrations and high concentrations up to 100% by volume.
- Built to withstand adverse conditions, Sentro 1 has a high strength moulded housing with dual wall construction for maximum impact strength. The housing is sealed against dust and moisture to IP65 standard and is EMC protected.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.