NEW PRODUCTS and INNOVATIONS Speedrods for longer service life Sep 2011
Altas Copco Secoroc News Release
Fewer rod changes make for higher productivity
- A service life of up to 30% longer is offered by the latest generation of the T-WiZ T-thread range of drilling systems from Secoroc.
- Looking much like its predecessor, the new drill string, with its combination of T-WiZ Speedrods and T-WiZ shank adapters, offers fewer rod changes per shift that culminates in more productivity per shift and up to 30% longer service life on the drill rods.
- T-WiZ is a tough thread system that offers greater thread stability. It is robust enough to prevent product breakage in the blast hole. This shifts focus from time-consuming rod and shank changes to maintaining a leaner stock. Greater thread stability and quicker rod changes provide improved drilling performance through tough formations and fractured rock.
Elements of the new T-WiZ range
- The potential to drill more holes per shift presents the possibility of quicker blasting and a more rapid advance. With lower labor costs, minimized stock, less administration, and fewer rods and shanks in circulation, the T-WiZ system helps drillers stay on top of their schedules.
- This drilling system comes in three dimensions: the T38-WiZ, T45-WiZ and T51-WiZ Speedrods and shank adapters designed for extension or drifting drill strings. Secoroc's range of hammer bits matches the new T-WiZ drilling rods, which prevents the added benefit of being easier to release and change.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.