PROCUREMENT Outreach for Norway's major rail tunnel project Mar 2011
- Consultants and contractors are invited to Oslo on Wednesday 6 April to meet the project managers of Norway's largest rail infrastructure project to date, most of which is aligned in tunnel. "We want to notify the European market about the upcoming opportunities that the Follo Line presents," said Project Director for Jernbaneverket, the National Rail Administration, Anne Kathrine Kalager.
- "Currently, tenders are out for several engineering contracts," said Kalager, "and the size of the project is expected to attract more firms from abroad than is usual for Norwegian projects. This is why we would like to notify the international market early on."
- Contracts for design and construction of the 22km long high-speed railway running underground in twin tube tunnels between the suburban town Ski and the national capital Oslo are to roll out from the end of this year and towards a targeted opening date in 2018.
Alignment of the 22km long underground rail route
(Illustration: ViaNova AS/ Aas-Jacobsen AS)
- As well as introducing the project to the international design and tunnel construction industry, the Administration is interested to know of solutions, technical innovation, resources and competencies that international companies have to offer. "We need to familiarize ourselves with the railway market abroad," said Kalager.
- Both drill+blast and TBM tunnelling will be considered for excavation of the 19km long twin tube running tunnels and major works are to be undertaken at the Oslo Central station as well as for a new station at Ski.
"We are looking forward to receiving interest from abroad," says Kalager. "With multiple contracts coming up, our goal is to choose the best engineering companies and contractors for the Follo Line." To date a Danish company and two Swiss firms are working with Norwegian firms to progress development of the project. Download a pdf copy of the 6 April meeting invitation If you and your firm plan to attend send a notice to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21 March.
- All technical documentation will be available and in English. More details about the Follo Line can be found on the Jernbanewerket website and details of engineering contracts currently out to tender are listed at the Norwegian national database for public procurement, Doffin.
Direct twin-tube route for Oslo-Ski railway - TunnelTalk, Oct 2010
International bid for Norway rail project - TunnelTalk, Dec 2008
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.