Two LOVAT EPB TBMs to China Feb 2009
- Two LOVAT EPB TBMs will soon be at work on two major rail projects in Guangdong Province, China.
- The China Railway Tunnel Group (CRTC) took delivery of the first LOVAT RME246SE EPB January 12. This first machine will be used on the Guangzhou Metro. On site assembly is underway with excavation scheduled to begin January 31.
LOVAT TBM on-site assembly
- The second LOVAT TBM (RME246SE Series 24700) is in the final stages of factory assembly. Once complete it will be disassembled and delivered to the Shenzhen Metro job site in mid-March.
- The 6.3m diameter TBM (series 24600) will bore 2500m of tunnel. Geology along the tunnel alignment is characterized by soft ground and soft to hard conglomerates, including limestone and granite, up to 150MPa.
- The soft grounds are expected to consist of clay, mucky soil, silty and medium to coarse sands. The tunnel will be driven entirely under the groundwater level, above the tunnel invert, varying from 7 to 16m. Maximum EPB pressure is anticipated to reach up to 4 bar.
- LOVAT will continue to provide after-sales assistance and on-site support.