COMPANY NEWS Refurbished micro-TBM guarantee 07 May 2013
Herrenknecht News Release
- Microtunnelling and pipe jacking contractors wanting extra technological peace of mind for their utility projects are offered a nine month guarantee on refurbished machines.
Used Herrenknecht >4.2m TBM
- The new Herrenknecht Approved quality seal will be issued with all used machines in the 0.4m-4.2m AVN range after they have been thoroughly checked and restored to original functional condition. Announcement of the new guarantee was made at bauma 2013.
- "A nine month warranty guarantees the full functionality of every Herrenknecht used machine with the Approved seal, so that our customers can realise their upcoming projects reliably and safely," said Ulrich Schaffhauser, Chairman of the Executive Board Business Unit Utility Tunnelling.
The used machines are delivered with complete technical documentation and subject to strict tests at the Herrenknecht factory, covering:
• Wear protection, including cutting tools and cone
• Hydraulics system, including steering cylinders,
hydraulic pumps and lines;
• Water system, including wall thickness control,
pressure management and tightness control;
• Drive system, including gears, hydraulic motor and sealing system; and
• A check of the electrical equipment
Restored AVN machine with Approved seal
- Checks can be performed on machines at the German manufacturer's company headquarters in Schwanau, its subsidiary in Bangkok, as well as the newly founded Herrenknecht Tunnelling Systems plant in Abu Dhabi.
- More than 400 machines have been successfully refurbished by Herrenknecht for use on future projects, and worldwide approximately 850 Herrenknecht utlilty tunnelling machines with a diameter of less than 4.2m are currently in operation excavating tunnels for water and sewerage systems, gas and oil pipelines, as well as power and telecommunication lines.
- The Approved scheme also applies to refurbished HDD rigs as well as corresponding containers and power packs.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.