Publicise the procurement schedule for new contracts within the international tunnelling industry; post a call for expressions of interest or proposals for prequalification; announce a project procurement meeting or an invitation to tender into the local and international tunnelling community.
Keep abreast of notifications of future bids and requests for project contact opportunities.
To post a notice
Metro Vancouver contractor outreach event
- Metro Vancouver, the regional water and wastewater authority for the greater metropolitan region of Vancouver city in British Columbia, Canada, is progressing a major Stage 5 expansion of its Annacis Island Wastewater Treatment Plant in the city of Delta and adjacent to the Fraser River.
- As part of these improvements a new sewage outfall is being built to accommodate greater capacity, improve effluent dispersion into the river, and allow for continued operation after a seismic event.
- To facilitate procurement of this new tunneling project, Metro Vancouver has scheduled a contractor outreach event with a live webcast of the event for those who cannot attend in person.
Aerial view: Annacis Island treatment plant
- Project Description: New outfall to convey and diffuse up to 25.3m3/s of treated wastewater from the Annacis Island Wastewater Treatment plant to Fraser River.
- A 1,200m of 4.2m i.d. tunnel at 40m below ground in soft ground conditions supported by a 250mm-thick precast concrete segmental lining;
- Three on-land shafts, one at 16m i.d. and two at 7m i.d.;
- Approximately 240m of 2.5m diameter diffuser manifold pipe buried in the river bed complete with 24 diffuser ports, each with flexible duck-bill check valves;
- An in-river riser shaft of about 3.8m diameter to connect the deep tunnel to the diffuser manifold built within an anticipated temporary cofferdam supported by king and sheet piles.
- Visit the Metro Vancouver website for updates and further information that provides a project overview, the pre-qualification process, procurement process, insurance/bonding requirements, regulatory requirements/constraints, and the project’s procurement and construction schedule.
For questions and/or to register to attend the outreach event, contact:
Gary Mui, Buyer, Metro Vancouver
Tel: +1 778-452-2660
- About Metro Vancouver: The authority is a federation of 21 municipalities, one electoral area and one treaty First Nation that collaboratively plans for and delivers regional-scale services. Its core services are drinking water, wastewater treatment and solid waste management. Metro Vancouver also regulates air quality, plans for urban growth, manages a regional parks system and provides affordable housing. The regional district is governed by a Board of Directors of elected officials from each local authority.
|What:|| Contractor information session regarding the
Metro Vancouver Annacis Outfall Project
|When:||April 3, 2017 from 9:30 to 11:30am|
|Where:|| Metro Vancouver Head Office,
Second Floor Board Room
4330 Kingsway, Burnaby,
British Columbia, Canada
|Live webcast service|
Request for Qualifications – Construction and Construction Management
Los Angeles County Effluent Outfall Tunnel Project
- Requests for qualification for the construction and construction management service for the Joint Water Pollution Control Plant Effluent Outfall Tunnel Project in Los Angeles County, California, USA are formally invited.
- Project Scope: Construction of approximately 7 miles of 18ft i.d. precast concrete segmentally lined tunnel from a single heading with a pressurized face TBM and all appurtenant works.
- Owner: County Sanitation District No 2 of Los Angeles County
- Prequalification - Contractor:
All bidders on the Project must be prequalified prior to submitting a bid. It is mandatory that all contractors who intend to submit a bid fully complete the prequalification questionnaire, provide all materials requested, and be approved by the District to be included on the final qualified bidders list. No bid will be accepted from a contractor that has failed to comply with these requirements. The last date to submit a fully completed package is February 28, 2017 at 3:00pm Pacific Standard Time.
Contact Kelly Lewis to obtain the prequalification package:
Tel: +1 562 908 4288, ext 1608
Contact Calvin Jin with queries regarding the prequalification package:
Tel: +1 562 908 4288, ext 1601
- The bidding phase of the project will be determined following contractor prequalification.
- Prequalification - Construction Management:
The District is seeking an engineering consultant to provide construction management services for the construction of the Project. The consultant will provide key engineering and inspection staff to supplement the District’s Field Engineering Section to manage all aspects of the tunneling construction. Interested firms should reply to the Request for Qualifications with a Statement of Qualification that must be received no later than 11:00am Pacific Standard Time on January 31, 2017.
Contact Kelly Lewis to obtain the RFQ package:
Tel: +1 562 908 4288, ext 1608
Contact Russ Vakharia with questions regarding the Construction Management RFQ package:
Tel: Tel: +1 310 830 8050, ext 5820
- The request for proposals for construction management services will be determined following the consultant prequalification phase.