COMPANY NEWS Rebrand for new solutions division at BASF 07 Oct 2013
- Relaunch of the chemical solutions offered by BASF to the tunneling and TBM operations industry gives rise to a new Master Builders Solutions brand. A bright new orange signature color is the visual representation of the continued commitment of BASF to the tunneling industry.
- Master Builders Solutions has been launched in the Asia Pacific region and will be rolled out worldwide by the end of the first quarter of 2014.
- "The Master Builders Solutions brand will help our customers in the underground construction industry gain a better overview of our range of solutions, serving their needs from concrete admixtures or waterproofing solutions, through to shotcrete accelerators, injection products and TBM chemical supplies," said Matthew Ross, Global Head of Underground Construction at BASF.
- The company's large research and development assets are a base for ongoing innovations to support the industry's needs. BASF builds on that legacy with expertise, commitment and a customer-centered approach. "In that manner, the Master Builders Solutions launch supports BASF's strategy to intensify its focus on customer industries such as underground construction," said Ross.
- Products and services offered under the Master Builders Solutions brand will be marketed under the range name MasterRoc. For the Underground Construction (UGC) business, the MasterRoc range will apply to products manufactured and supplied for sprayed concrete operations, injection programs, and TBM supplies. Recently, MasterRoc soil conditioning agents and tailseal grease products were used on the mega-TBM operation to excavate the twin tube highway tunnel at Sparvo in Italy.
BASF products contributed to the Sparvo mega-TBM success in Italy
- In addition to MasterRoc products, Master Builders Solutions will also supply the BASF MasterGlenium concrete admixtures and its MasterSeal waterproofing solutions. The new branding of the underground construction products into Master Builders Solutions comes after sale by BASF of the Meyco range of shotcreting equipment to Atlas Copco in December 2012.
- Other products supplied by the BASF Construction Chemicals division cover the maintenance, repair and renovation of underground structures sealants, concrete repair and protection systems, performance grouts, and expansion control systems.
- The BASF Construction Chemicals division, in which Master Builders Solutions belongs, is a global community of 6,400 employees. To solve construction challenges, the company's technicians and engineers draw on know-how and expertise gained from countless construction projects worldwide. The division operates production sites and sales centers in more than 60 countries and achieved sales of about €2.3 billion in 2012.
BASF Solutions for Underground Construction
Through its Master Builders Solutions, BASF provides customer-oriented solutions, engineering expertise and training workshops to meet needs in the tunneling industry worldwide. Product ranges include:
- Shotcrete admixtures: Accelerators, superplasticizers, fibers/pumping aids for durable shotcrete, concrete improvement, hydration control.
- Pre-injection and injection: Water stopping, ground consolidation, crack sealing and concrete rehabilitation products including a wide range of injection microcements and grouts.
- TBM Solutions: Soil conditioners, anti-wear and dust agents, tail sealants, main bearing greases and annulus grouts for EPB and hard rock TBM tunneling, suitable for projects with the largest diameters.
- Waterproofing: Spray applied, double bonded waterproofing membrane, preventing water ingress and migration of groundwater, and enabling optimization of the tunnel lining design.
- Fire Protection: Cementitious sprayed thermal barrier preventing explosive concrete spalling, preserving the strength of structural concrete and the end tensile strength of the reinforcement.
- "Master Builders Solutions embodies our ability to collaborate across technologies and functions on a global scale," said Dr. Tilman Krauch, President of the Construction Chemicals division. "In that way we create solutions geared to meet individual customer challenges."
- As the world leading chemical company, BASF also commits to environmental protection and social responsibility. This is encompassed in its corporate motto. We create chemistry for a sustainable future. BASF posted sales of €78.7 billion in 2012 and had more than 113,000 employees at that year's end. BASF shares are traded on the stock exchanges in Frankfurt (BAS), London (BFA) and Zurich (AN). Further information is available on the company website.
Significant breakthrough at Sparvo - TunnelTalk, July 2013
BASF sells Meyco division to Atlas Copco - TunnelTalk, December 2012
Collaborating for sprayed concrete innovation 09 - TunnelTalk, April 2013
Fast-curing compound for casting efficiencies - TunnelTalk, February 2011
Concrete contribution to Gotthard undertaking - TunnelTalk, October 2010
UK applies spray-on waterproofing - TunnelTalk, March 2010
Spray-on waterproofing - Finding real application - TunnelTalk, August 2008
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.