NEW PRODUCTS and INNOVATIONS High performance concrete spraying May 2010
- Normet has introduced the most advanced model for concrete spraying in its Spraymec series. The Spraymec 8100 VC is designed for high performance sprayed concrete applications in tunnels with cross-sections of 15m2 to 140m2.
- The electro-hydraulic self-propelled mobile provides efficient spraying from one set-up in tunnels of up to 10.3m high x 16m wide. With a maximum vertical spraying reach of 14m, the compact design of the Spraymec 8100 VC enables the unit to work.
- Launched to the market at the BAUMA fair last month in Munich, the machine features NorSmart, the latest state-of-the-art control system of the spraying process. The NorSmart concrete sprayer control system provides efficient, productive and high-quality concrete spraying with functions that include:
Normet's new Spraymec 8100 VC concrete spraying mobile
- • Low-pulsation spraying and pumping
• Accurate and reliable alkali-free accelerator dosing (control system integrated into concrete output)
• Accurate spray boom and nozzle movements and positioning
• Real-time control and fault diagnostics of the spraying process, including a kit for accelerator, concrete and ambient temperature measurement
• Logging of all spraying process related data and USB data transfer
• Comprehensive vehicle fault diagnostics
- The Normet concrete spraying pump has a theoretical maximum pumping capacity of 40m3/h when the casting option is selected. The standard pumping capacity for spraying operations is 30m3/h. The concrete pipe support arm at the forepart of the concrete pipeline makes cleaning of the concrete line after each shift easy and fast. The upper part of the concrete hopper can be turned away for easy service of the concrete cylinders.
- Spraymec 8100 VC has an onboard compressor with a capacity of 12m3/min for efficient and high quality sprayed concrete application. Four-wheel drive and four-wheel steering makes the Spraymec 8100 VC easy to maneuver in demanding driving conditions and limited tunnel spaces.
- The innovative layout of the Spraymec 8100 features a revolutionary service technician's passage through the whole sprayer. This allows genuinely full and easy access to all service points on the sprayer. With the new layout, two 1,000 liter accelerator containers or one 1,000 liter accelerator container together with a 400 liter water tank and a large tool and storage box can easily be placed on the sprayer.
- The new unit brings new capabilities to meet the tunnel industry's concrete spraying needs.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.