NEW PRODUCTS AND INNOVATIONS Normet unveils its new charging concept Oct 2012
Normet News Release
- Normet, the mining and tunnelling equipment company, introduces its new charging equipment concept: the Charmec MF 605D.
- The new turntable design has made it possible to make a compact boom structure giving a shorter length in tramming position and better maneuverability in narrow tunnels. The MF 605D can turn a 90° corner in tunnels just 4.2m wide, and during tramming the basket rests on the rear platform, protecting it from collision damage. As the basket rests on the platform there is also less load on the boom cylinders and pins.
The Normet Charmec MF 605D
- The MF 605D comes with a new layout allowing enough space for ANFO or emulsion units in the centre of the machine. The modular structure makes it easy to convert an ANFO charger to emulsion charger and vice versa, if needed. The operator's workstand sits behind the ANFO vessels, making filling easy. An optional vacuum extractor mechanises the ANFO filling process as prills can be sucked direct from ANFO bags to the vessels.
- During the ANFO process the standard 2 x 500-litre ANFO vessels provide enough explosive capacity to charge most tunnel faces without the need for refilling during charging. Other size vessels are available for different needs. For the emulsion charging, an emulsion unit can be placed on the carrier. A ready-designed place for stick powder boxes, primers and detonators makes it possible to bring all the necessary explosives to a single unit, eliminating the need for an additional explosive service vehicle.
- The new NBB 3XS basket boom with a two-man basket and lifting capacity of 500kg is specially designed for charging works in tunnel faces and stopes. It can also be equipped with a safety bar or with a hydraulic FOPS-approved safety canopy to protect the operator. When working at the face the basket can be swivelled to access all points, thus providing a safe operating position. With the NBB 3XS basket boom a maximum 8.5 x 8.5m face can be charged from a single set up.
- An optional 4m3/min / 7 bar compressor enables self-propelled charging in areas where reticulated air is not available. The 110 kW Tier 3 diesel engine gallows a maximum speed of 25 km/h) on the flat and 8 km/h) up a 1:7 gradient.
- The FOPS/ROPS-approved safety cabin can optionally be enclosed cabin to reduce the noise levels for the operator to less than 75 dB. Manual or automatic fire suppression system, and an automatic lubrication system are examples of the wide range of options and accessories available.
- The Charmec MF 605D has been designed with the American market in mind. "The first of the Charmec MF 605Ds has been working for several months now in Nevada and the performance has been excellent. The customer is happy and therefore so are we," said Mike Rispin, Normet's Vice President and the Head of Americas region.
Add your comment
- Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. You share in the wider tunnelling community, so please keep your comments smart and civil. Don't attack other readers personally, and keep your language professional.